- 1.5 Million high school students report experiencing physical violence perpetrated by a dating partner each year (source)
- Of High school students – 1 IN 9 FEMALE, 1 IN 36 MALE, report being the victim of dating partner sexual violence during the past year. (source)
- Sexual minority groups are disproportionately affected by all types of violence, including teen dating physical and sexual violence. (source)
- In 7% of adolescent homicides, the perpetrator is an intimate partner. (source)
- 73% of girls, 66% of boys report experiencing at least one instance of emotional/verbal abuse by a dating partner while in high school. (source)
Compiled by Dina Burstein, MD, MPH, CPSTI, FAA, assistant professor of emergency medicine, and Michael J. Mello, MD, professor of emergency medicine, Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island.