- Dr. Phillips Perera was given the Rising Star Award for his presentation, “Sudden Vision Loss: Ultrasound Evaluation of the Eye,” during the New Speakers’ Forum at the 2008 Scientific Assembly. Dr. Perera is a physician at New York’s Presbyterian Hospital and Columbia University Medical Center.
- Dr. Sumeru (Sam) Mehta, staff physician and resident coordinator at Southwest Methodist Hospital (San Antonio, Tex.), received the 2007 Best Paper Award for his work, “Recombinant Activated Factor VII (rFVIIa) Upon Arrival in the Emergency Department in the Severely Injured Trauma Patient.” ACEP’s Research Committee presented the award during the 2008 Research Forum.
- As part of the incentive for completing the 2008 ACEP Workforce Study survey, ACEP held a random drawing for one of five airline ticket vouchers from American Airlines for travel anywhere within the continental United States. The five winners were:
- Dr. Ziad Chana (Madison, Wis.)
- Dena Chaney, R.N. (Lawrenceburg, Tenn.)
- Toni Marchionna, R.N. (Jackson, Miss.)
- Dr. Dennis McGill (Hillsborogh, N.J.)
- Dr. John Oldham (St. Louis, Mo.)
Want to share the news about an ACEP member’s recent appointment or award? Send an announcement within 30 days of the event to Nancy Calaway, ACEP’s communications manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Announcements may be edited for space and clarity.