The ACEP Nominating Committee is accepting individual, chapter, and section recommendations for Board of Directors, Council speaker, and Council vice speaker candidates.
Nominations must be accompanied by a current curriculum vita.
To qualify for a Board position, a candidate must:
- Be an ACEP member in good standing with no delinquent dues;
- Be an ACEP member for at least 5 years;
- Show evidence of ACEP involvement both in national and chapter activities (such as current or past chapter officer, current or past national committee leadership, current or past Council membership, or current or past section leadership); and
- Show chapter and/or section support for candidacy.
- Criteria for nomination to Council office include:
- Nominees must be active members of the Council (currently or recently);
- Nominees must be active nationally (currently or recently); and
- There will be no exclusions because of past service.
Submit nominations to Dr. Bruce A. MacLeod, Chair, Nominating Committee, at P.O. Box 619911, Dallas, TX 75261-9911. Nomina-tions may also be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 972-580-2816. All nominations must be postmarked, e-mailed, or faxed no later than Feb. 16, 2009.
Elections for the Board of Directors and Council officers will take place Oct. 4, 2009, during the 2009 Council meeting in Boston, Mass.
If you have any questions about the nomination process for these positions, please contact Sonja Montgomery at 800-798-1822, ext. 3202, or by e-mail at email@example.com.