Dr. Shah is assistant professor of emergency medicine and associate chief medical informatics officer at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago.
Explore This IssueACEP Now: Vol 38 – No 01 – January 2019
- What is posttraumatic stress disorder? American Psychiatric Association website. Accessed Dec. 19, 2018.
- Lazarus A. Traumatized by practice: PTSD in physicians. J Med Pract Manage. 2014;30(2):131-134.
- Mealer M, Burnham EL, Goode CJ, et al. The prevalence and impact of post traumatic stress disorder and burnout syndrome in nurses. Depress Anxiety. 2009;26(12):1118-1126.
- Lowry F. Emergency department staff not immune to traumatic stress. Medscape website. Accessed Dec. 19, 2018.
- Vanyo L, Sorge R, Chen A, et al. Posttraumatic stress disorder in emergency medicine residents. Ann Emerg Med. 2017;70(6):898-903.
- Hofmann SG, Asnaani A, Vonk IJ, et al. The efficacy of cognitive behavioral therapy: a review of meta-analyses. Cognit Ther Res. 2012;36(5):427-440.
- Ruotsalainen JH, Verbeek JH, Mariné A, et al. Preventing occupational stress in healthcare workers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2015;(4):CD002892.