ACEP was invited by AHIP, a trade association for commercial insurers, to participate in a meeting of payers seeking input on expanding use of non-opioid pain management. Other physician groups invited to participate were the American Medical Association (AMA), American College of Physicians, and American Academy of Family Physicians.
- ACEP contributed information to, and coordinated with, Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) on her report detailing Anthem’s retroactive denials of emergency care coverage that was released late last month. (See page 6 for more on ACEP’s efforts to combat retroactive denials of emergency department visits.)
- ACEP participated by invitation in a convening by the White House’s Office of National Drug Control Policy on efforts to address the opioid epidemic.
- ACEP participated by invitation in a roundtable discussion on health care price transparency initiated by Senators Bill Cassidy (R-LA), Michael Bennet (D-CO), Chuck Grassley (R-IA), Tom Carper (D-DE), Todd Young (R-IN), and Claire McCaskill (D-MO). ACEP was one of only three physician associations in attendance, joining the AMA and the American College of Surgeons. Among the other groups participating were the American Hospital Association, insurers and brokers, and patient advocates.
- ACEP was the only medical association invited to participate in a meeting on price transparency at the Department of Health and Human Services. Demetrios Kouzoukas, principal deputy administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and director of the Center for Medicare, attended the majority of the session.
- ACEP attended multiple listening sessions with CMS to discuss proposals related to the 2019 Physician Fee Schedule and Quality Payment Program Proposed Rule.
The Latest ACEP Advocacy for Physicians and Patients
July 21, 2020 - 0 Comment
March 17, 2020 - 0 Comment
February 18, 2020 - 0 Comment