- CODA Collaborative; Flum DR, Davidson GH, et al. A randomized trial comparing antibiotics and appendectomy for appendicitis [published online ahead of print Oct. 5, 2020]. N Engl J Med.
- Salminen P, Paajanen H, Rautio T, et al. Antibiotic therapy vs appendectomy for treatment of uncomplicated acute appendicitis: the APPAC randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2015;313(23):2340-2348.
- Salminen P, Tuominen R, Paajanen H, et al. Five-year follow-up of antibiotic therapy for uncomplicated acute appendicitis in the APPAC randomized clinical trial. JAMA. 2018;320(12):1259-1265.
- Talan DA, Saltzman DJ, Mower WR, et al. Antibiotics-first versus surgery for appendicitis: a US pilot randomized controlled trial allowing outpatient antibiotic management. Ann Emerg Med. 2017;70(1):1-11.e9.
- Talan DA. Cancer of the appendix and nonoperative treatment of appendicitis shared decision making. J Surg Oncol. 2019;120(6):1060-1061.