Dr. Weichenthal is assistant program director of emergency medicine, professor of clinical emergency medicine, and assistant dean of graduate medical education at the University of California, San Francisco in Fresno.
Explore This IssueACEP Now: Vol 36 – No 01 – January 2017
- Sargent DA, Jensen VW, Petty TA, et al. Preventing physician suicide. The role of family, colleagues, and organized medicine. JAMA. 1977;237(2):143-145.
- Frank E, Biola H, Burnett CA. Mortality rates and causes among U.S. physicians. Am J Prev Med. 2000;19(3):155-159.
- Schernhammer ES, Colditz GA. Suicide rates among physicians: a quantitative and gender assessment (meta-analysis). Am J Psych. 2004;161(12):2295-2302.
- Lu DW, Dresden S, McCloskey C, et al. Impact of burnout on self-reported patient care among emergency physicians. West J Emerg Med. 2015;16(7):996-1001.
- Berge KH, Seppala MD, Schipper AM. Chemical dependency and the physician. Mayo Clin Proc. 2009;84(7):625-631.
- Gold KJ, Sen A, Schwenk TL. Details on suicide among US physicians: data from the National Violent Death Reporting System. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2013;35(1):45-49.