Celebrating ACEP’s 50th anniversary is just one of the many reasons to attend ACEP18, which will take place in San Diego, California, Oct. 1–Oct. 4, 2018. Take this opportunity to relax, enjoy the sun and surf, experience the sights, and check out the shopping and dining scene in this world-class city.
- Born & Raised: The place to go if you’re in the mood for a classy steak dinner and beautifully crafted cocktails.
- Casa Guadalajara: Located in Old Town, this colorful restaurant offers authentic Mexican food and mariachis.
- The Fishery: Run by a commercial fisherman, this top-notch seafood restaurant also has a seafood market.
- Hodad’s: Called the best burger joint in San Diego, this neighborhood spot has been featured on “Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.”
- Lionfish: Located in the Pendry San Diego hotel, this restaurant offers a seasonally-driven menu designed for sharing.
Arts and Culture
- Theater: San Diego offers more than 150 stage options to suit every taste—musicals to dramas, small avant-garde shows to large and award-winning productions. Half-price tickets to many shows are available at the ARTS TIX box office in Horton Plaza.
- Education on the Water: The USS Midway Museum—one of the top museums in the country according to Trip Advisor—and the floating Maritime Museum of San Diego offer visitors a chance to explore seafaring vessels both old and new.
- Music: From the San Diego Symphony in the historic Copley Symphony Hall, to the underground music scene at The Casbah, Soda Bar, and SPACE, San Diego has something for every music lover.
- Art: The San Diego Museum of Art in Balboa Park and the Museum of Contemporary Art San Diego offer visitors a classic museum experience with thousands of works to see, but be sure to check out the smaller art spaces such as Space 4 Art, Thumbprint Gallery, or the Lux Art Institute for unique takes on the process of creation and what qualifies as “art.”
See the Sights
- Balboa Park: Home to the San Diego Zoo and dozens of museums, performing art venues, andother attractions,this historic park offers something for everyone.
- Coronado Island: Hop a ferry at Broadway Pier or the Convention Center to this beautiful island off the coast of San Diego to enjoy cycling, beaches, golf, and water sports.
- Gaslamp Quarter: Stroll through the historic heart of San Diego right next to the convention center to take in the Victorian architecture, grab a bite, or party at one of the neighborhood’s night clubs.
- Sunset Cliffs Natural Park: This 68-acre park runs along the Pacific Ocean and offers unparalleled sunset views in the evening.
- Whale or Dolphin Watching Tours: Take a boat tour for a chance to spot dolphins, gray whales, humpback whales, and more.