ACEP has 30 Sections of Membership, each with a unique special interest or focus of emergency medicine. Over the next few months, ACEP News will profile the sections and showcase some of the tools they have produced and accomplishments they have achieved.
Explore This IssueACEP News: Vol 30 – No 12 – December 2011
The ACEP Pediatric Emergency Medicine Section seeks to provide members with discussion forums and a means of communicating up-to-date pediatric emergency care knowledge. This is done in order to give emergency physicians the tools they need to play an active role in the prevention and treatment of childhood injuries and improvement of care of children who present to EMS systems and emergency departments worldwide. Going forward, the section also hopes to play an active role in encouraging collaborative research to further the advancement and improvement of pediatric emergency care.
The Pediatric Emergency Medicine Section is currently the fourth-largest section in the College, with a membership that includes leading researchers and experts in the field, as well as those who are just getting started in their pediatric and emergency medicine careers.
In the last year, the Section has made dramatic changes to the layout and design of its website, with the goal of making the microsite a dynamic center for lively communication and a hub for information exchange.
Features of the new microsite include:
- Forums that allow members to post clinical, administrative, or practical questions to the section and respond in real time.
- Case Study of the Month, an educational case featured on the home page.
- Section Member News, featuring interesting updates on individual section members.
- Section Newsletter, featuring a new layout with shorter, more focused, web-friendly articles.
- Creative Commons, a soon-to-be-launched resource that will allow section members to share clinical photographs, videos, lectures, slide presentations, administrative policies and procedures, and other work products.
More information about the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Section and becoming a member is available at www.acep.org/pediatricsection.
Visit www.acep.org/sections to find out more about all of ACEP’s Sections of Membership.