Dr. Gowda is an emergency physician at Kaiser in Southern California.
Explore This IssueACEP Now: Vol 40 – No 03 – March 2021
Dr. Genes is associate chief medical information officer and associate professor of emergency medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City.
- Gillum RF. From papyrus to the electronic tablet: a brief history of the clinical medical record with lessons for the digital age. Am J Med. 2013;126(10):853-857.
- Delbanco T, Walker J, Bell SK, et al. Inviting patients to read their doctors’ notes: a quasi-experimental study and a look ahead. Ann Intern Med. 2012;157(7):461-470.
- de Lusignan S, Mold F, Sheikh A, et al. Patients’ online access to their electronic health records and linked online services: a systematic interpretative review. BMJ Open. 2014;4(9):e006021.
- Epic UserWeb Search: “Open Notes.” Accessed Jan. 26, 2021.
- Lin SC, Lyles CR, Sarkar U, et al. Are patients electronically accessing their medical records? Evidence from national hospital data. Health Aff (Millwood). 2019;38(11):1850-1857.
- Vashi A, Rhodes KV. “Sign right here and you’re good to go”: a content analysis of audiotaped emergency department discharge instructions. Ann Emerg Med. 2011;57(4):315-322.e1.
- First information blocking fine leveled at Florida hospital. Healthcare Business Tech website. Accessed Feb. 11, 2021.