Dr. Radecki is assistant professor of emergency medicine at The University of Texas Medical School at Houston. He blogs at Emergency Medicine Literature of Note (emlitofnote.com) and can be found on Twitter @emlitofnote.
Explore This IssueACEP Now: Vol 33 – No 11 – November 2014
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. FluView. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly. Accessed October 23, 2014.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Influenza antiviral medications: summary for clinicians. Updated September 4, 2014. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/professionals/antivirals/summary-clinicians.htm. Accessed October 23, 2014.
- The BMJ. Tamiflu campaign. Available at: http:// www.bmj.com/tamiflu. Accessed October 23, 2014.
- Jefferson T, Jones MA, Doshi P, et al. Neuraminidase inhibitors for preventing and treating influenza in healthy adults and children. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014;4:CD008965.
- 3Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. CDC recommendations for influenza antiviral medications remain unchanged. Have You Heard? Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/media/haveyouheard/stories/Influenza_antiviral2.html. Accessed October 23, 2014.
- Muthuri SG, Venkatesan S, Myles PR, et al. Effectiveness of neuraminidase inhibitors in reducing mortality in patients admitted to hospital with influenza A H1N1pdm09 virus infection: a meta-analysis of individual participant data. Lancet Respir Med. 2014;2:395-404.