Dr. Chan is a PGY-2 emergency medicine resident at Maimonides Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York.
Explore This IssueACEP Now: Vol 36 – No 04 – April 2017
Dr. Friedman is associate medical director of prehospital care and director of the EMS clerkship in the department of emergency medicine at Maimonides Medical Center.
- Hutton A, Ranse J, Verdonk N, et al. Understanding the characteristics of patient presentations of young people at outdoor music festivals. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2014;29(2):160-166.
- Ranse J, Hutton A, Keene T, et al. Health service impact from mass gatherings: a systematic literature review. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2017;32(1):71-77.
- Turris SA, Lund A. Mortality at music festivals: academic and grey literature for case finding. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2017;32(1):58-63.
- Wassertheil J, Keane G, Fisher N, et al. Cardiac arrest outcomes at the Melbourne Cricket Ground and shrine of remembrance using a tiered response strategy–a forerunner to public access defibrillation. Resuscitation. 2000;44(2):97-104.
- Locoh-Donou S, Yan G, Berry T, et al. Mass gathering medicine: event factors predicting patient presentation rates. Intern Emerg Med. 2016;11(5):745-752.
- Ranse J, Hutton A. Minimum data set for mass-gathering health research and evaluation: a discussion paper. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2012;27(6):543-550.
- Arbon P. Mass gathering medicine: a review of the evidence and future directions for research. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2007;22(2):131-135.
- Turris SA, Steenkamp M, Lund A, et al. International consensus on key concepts and data definitions for mass-gathering health: process and progress. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2016;31(2):220-223.
- Milsten AM, Maguire BJ, Bissell RA, et al. Mass-gathering medical care: a review of the literature. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2002;17(3):151-162.
- Krul J, Girbes AB. Experience of health-related problems during house parties in the Netherlands: nine years of experience in three million visitors. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2009;24(2):133-139.
- Ganguly S, Friedman M, Bazos AN. Raves and saves: massive music festivals call for advanced emergency care. Emerg Physicians Monthly. 2014;21(9).
- Dowling GP, McDonough ET 3rd, Bost RO. ‘Eve’ and ‘ecstasy’. A report of five deaths associated with the use of MDEA and MDMA. JAMA. 1987;257(12):1615-1617.
- Perron AD, Brady WJ, Custalow CB, et al. Association of heat index and patient volume at mass gathering event. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2005;9(1):49-52.
- Friedman MS, Plocki A, Likourezos A, et al. A prospective analysis of patients presenting for medical attention at a large electronic dance music festival. Prehosp Disast Med. 2017;32(1):78-82.