On the heels of another successful year, ACEP plans to capitalize on its momentum and enhance the products and services for our members in 2010-2011.
Explore This IssueACEP News: Vol 29 – No 08 – August 2010
“We are very pleased that the College has maintained and grown in membership this year,” said ACEP Executive Director Dean Wilkerson, adding that the bump in dues revenue will help the College achieve its strategies and objectives for advancing emergency care.
The ACEP Board of Directors approved the budget recommended by the Finance Committee on June 23. The budget anticipates revenue of $24,529,742, expenses of $24,265,417, and a budgeted contribution to member equity of $264,325 (1.09%).
The budget reflects the College’s ongoing commitment to streamlining activities and directing funds to best address the priorities of the College. Some of the new and expanded activities for the next fiscal year focus on:
- Significant additional legislative and regulatory efforts concerning health care reform implementation.
- Introducing the seventh edition of Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine: A Comprehensive Study Guide at Scientific Assembly.
- Continuing improvements to the ACEP Web site and launching new mobile apps.
- Refining and adding new features in the member database project, including chapter services access and reporting, a bookstore upgrade, and fund-raising management and tracking.
- Creating a Web-based portal to allow members to keep track of their CME activities.
- Continuing to develop new materials in webcast, podcast, and webinar formats.
Non-dues revenue accounts for 57% of the total revenue, thanks largely to the continued success of Scientific Assembly and Annals of Emergency Medicine
No Responses to “New ACEP Budget Includes More Member Benefits”