Kevin M. Klauer, DO, EJD, FACEP is director of the Center for Emergency Medical Education (CEME) and chief medical officer for Emergency Medicine Physicians, Ltd., Canton, Ohio; on the Board of Directors for Physicians Specialty Limited Risk Retention Group; assistant clinical professor at Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine; and medical editor in chief of ACEP Now.
Explore This IssueACEP Now: Vol 33 – No 01 – January 2014
- Prasad V, Cifu A, Ioannidis JP. Reversals of established medical practices: evidence to abandon ship. JAMA. 2012;307:37-38.
- Medve RA, Wang J, Karim R. Tramadol and acetaminophen tablets for dental pain. Anesth Prog. 2001;48:79-81.
- Li SF, Jacob J, Feng J, et al. Vitamin deficiencies in acutely intoxicated patients in the ED. Am J Emerg Med. 2008;26:792-795.
- Leopard D, Fishpool S, Winter S. The management of oesophageal soft food bolus obstruction: a systematic review. Ann R Coll Surg Engl. 2011;93:441-444.
- Gupta M, Tabas JA, Kohn MA. Presenting complaint among patients with myocardial infarction who present to an urban, public hospital emergency department. Ann Emerg Med. 2002;40:180-186.
- Grossman SA, Van Epp S, Arnold R, et al. The value of cardiac enzymes in elderly patients presenting to the emergency department with syncope. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2003;58:1055-1058.
- Grathwohl KW, Bruns BJ, LeBrun CJ, et al. Does hemodilution exist? Effects of saline infusion on hematologic parameters in euvolemic subjects. South Med J. 1996;89:51-55.
- Greenfield RH, Bessen HA, Henneman PL. Effect of crystalloid infusion on hematocrit and intravascular volume in healthy, nonbleeding subjects. Ann Emerg Med. 1989;18:51-55.
- Campagna JD, Bond MC, Schabelman E, et al. The use of cephalosporins in penicillin-allergic patients: a literature review. J Emerg Med. 2012;42:612-620.