Dr. Waller is a fellow at The National Center for Complex Health and Social Needs and managing partner at Complex Care Consulting LLC. Dr. Schwarz is associate professor of emergency medicine and medical toxicology section chief at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis.
Explore This IssueACEP Now: Vol 38 – No 01 – January 2019
- Waller RC. Buprenorphine explained. ACEP Now. 2018;37(6):13-14.
- Kaufman M. Suboxone 101. ACEP Now. 2018;37(10):36-37.
- Boggs W. ED-initiated buprenorphine cost-effective for opioid dependence. ACEP Now website. Accessed Dec. 12, 2018.
- Sees KL, Delucchi KL, Masson C, et al. Methadone maintenance vs 180-day psychosocially enriched detoxication for treatment of opioid dependence: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 2000;283(10):1303-1310.
- 2018 Annual Council Meeting. ACEP website. Accessed Dec. 12, 2018.
- Kim HK, Nelson LS. Reversal of opioid-induced ventilatory depression using low-dose naloxone (0.04 mg): a case series. J Med Toxicol. 2016;12(1):107-110.
- Martin JA, Campbell A, Killip T, et al. QT interval screening in methadone maintenance treatment: report of a SAMHSA expert panel. J Addict Dis. 2011;30(4):283-306.
- González-Barboteo J, Porta-Sales J, Sánchez D, et al. Conversion from parental to oral methadone. J Pain Palliat Care Pharmacother. 2008;22(3):200-205.
- Methadone. Palliative Drugs website. Accessed Dec. 12, 2018.
- Wightman RS, Nelson LS, Lee JD, et al. Severe opioid withdrawal precipitated by Vivitrol. Am J Emerg Med. 2018;36(6):1128.e1-1128.e2.
- Boyce SH, Armstrong PA, Stevenson J. Effect of inappropriate naltrexone use in a heroin misuser. Emerg Med J. 2003;20(4):381-382.
- Younger J, Mackey S. Fibromyalgia symptoms are reduced by low-dose naltrexone: a pilot study. Pain Med. 2009;10(4):663-672.
- Low dose naltrexone reduces the symptoms of fibromyalgia. Stanford University website. Accessed Dec. 12, 2018.