We are seeking candidates to fill the positions of ACEP Now Associate Editor and Assistant Editor. Apply today—the deadline for applications is Sept. 30.
We are also looking for physicians interested in joining the ACEP Now Editorial Advisory Board. Letters of interest are due Sept. 15.
About the Publication
ACEP Now is an official publication of the American College of Emergency Physicians. Emergency physicians rely on ACEP Now for indispensable content that can be used in daily practice. With a rapidly evolving heath care system, emergency physicians need a trustworthy source for the most valuable and insightful information that impacts the practice of Emergency Medicine. That source is the award-winning monthly membership magazine, ACEP Now. Written by physicians for physicians, each issue delivers cutting edge news, practice changing tips, regulatory updates, and the most up to date information on health care reform.
ACEP Now contains articles written by physicians, experienced medical journalists, and staff of ACEP and other emergency medicine organizations. The content is not peer reviewed in a traditional sense, although the Medical Editor in Chief (EIC), members of the publication’s editorial advisory board, and ACEP staff do review all articles.
The magazine is distributed as both a monthly print issue and online at www.ACEPNow.com, with weekly emails (ACEP eNow) highlighting print and online exclusive content sent to ACEP members. It reaches almost 40,000 emergency physicians and other health care professionals who practice emergency care.
Associate Editor Job Description
ACEP Now is seeking to fill a new position on its editorial team. Working in conjunction with the Medical Editor in Chief, the associate editor would primarily oversee the evidence-based medicine content within the magazine while expanding its international perspective.
- Support the content development process for the routine publication of original content for the ACEP Now website and e-newsletters via idea generation and source identification and reviewing articles for clinical accuracy or selecting newswire articles for inclusion
- Serve as the evidence-based medicine content expert for ACEP Now
- Coordinate content related to evidence-based medicine to avoid topic duplication in regular columns
- Review EM journals to provide ideas for ACEP Now columns
- Write a quarterly column summarizing key peer-reviewed content published in international EM journals (including Europe, Asia, Africa, Oceana, and the Americas)
- Participate in monthly hour-long story call with the ACEP and Wiley staff
- Identify and solicit experts to write feature articles for ACEP Now
- Identify new columnists for ACEP Now and provide guidance to current columnists
- Review the PDF of each issue for accuracy and clarity
- Providing backup editorial guidance to Wiley and ACEP staff as needed
- Be available to Wiley Editor for general opinions and advice
- Demonstration of scholarly activity with primary authorship of at least one peer-reviewed publication
- Excellent writing skills
- Familiarity with ACEP demonstrated by service on a committee, leadership in section, or chapter
- Experience management of groups of personnel
- FACEP distinction preferred
This position includes an annual stipend commensurate with experience.