- Bias. Dictionary.com website. Accessed Oct. 8, 2021.
- Anderson DA, Wadden TA. Bariatric surgery patients’ views of their physicians’ weight-related attitudes and practices. Obes Res. 2004;12(10):1587-1595.
- Richard P, Ferguson C, Lara AS, et al. Disparities in physician-patient communication by obesity status. Inquiry. 2014;51:0046958014557012.
- Puhl RM, Brownell KD. Confronting and coping with weight stigma: an investigation of overweight and obese adults. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2006;14(10):1802-1815.
- Maxfield CM, Thorpe MP, Desser TS, et al. Bias in radiology resident selection: do we discriminate against the obese and unattractive? Acad Med. 2019;94(11):1774-1780.
- Crandall CS. Prejudice against fat people: ideology and self-interest. J Pers Soc Psychol. 1994;66(5):882-94.
- Cameron CD, Brown-Iannuzzi JL, Payne BK. Sequential priming measures of implicit social cognition: a meta-analysis of associations with behavior and explicit attitudes. Pers Soc Psychol Rev. 2012;16(4):330-350.
- Fazio RH. Attitudes as object-evaluation associations of varying strength. Soc Cogn. 2007;25(5):603-637.
- Hofmann W, Gawronski B, Gschwendner T, et al. A meta-analysis on the correlation between the implicit association test and explicit self-report measures. Pers Soc Psychol Bull. 2005;31(10):1369-1385.