Dr. McGovern is an emergency medicine resident at St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center in Paterson, New Jersey.
Explore This IssueACEP Now: Vol 34 – No 09 – September 2015
Dr. Justin McNamee is an attending physician at Emergency Medicine Professionals in Ormond Beach, Florida.
- Pasterkamp H, Wiebicke W, Fenton R. Subjective assessment vs computer analysis of wheezing in asthma. Chest. 1987;91:376-381.
- O’Flaherty D. Capnography: principles and practice. London: BMJ Publishing Group; 1994.
- You B, Peslin R, Duvivier C, et al. Expiratory capnography in asthma: evaluation of various shape indices. Eur Respir J. 1994;7:318-323.
- Rasera CC, Gewehr PM. Association between capnogram and respiratory flow rate waveforms during invasive mechanical ventilation. Int J Biosci Bioche Bioinforma. 2013;3:80-84.
- Howe TA, Jaalam K, Ahmad R, et al. The use of end-tidal capnography to monitor non-intubated patients presenting with acute exacerbation of asthma in the emergency department. J Emerg Med. 2011;41:581-589.
- Nik Hisamuddin NAR, Rashidi A, Chew KS, et al. Correlations between capnographic waveforms and peak flow meter measurement in the emergency department management of asthma. Int J Emerg Med. 2009;2:83-89.
- Yaron M, Padyk P, Hutsinpiller M, et al. Utility of the expiratory capnogram in the assessment of bronchospasm. Ann Emerg Med. 1996;28:403-407.
- You B, Mayeux D, Rkiek B, et al. Expiratory capnography in asthma. Perspectives in the use and monitoring in children. Rev Mal Respir. 1992;9:547-552.