Dr. Manchanda is in the department of emergency medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School in Boston.
Explore This IssueACEP Now: Vol 39 – No 02 – February 2020
Dr. Vogel is an attending physician in the department of emergency medicine at North Shore Medical Center in Salem, Massachusetts.
Dr. Rouhani is in the department of emergency medicine at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
- Wolf JH. Low breastfeeding rates and public health in the United States. Am J Public Health. 2003;93(12):2000-2010.
- Bartick MC, Schwarz EB, Green BD, et al. Suboptimal breastfeeding in the United States: maternal and pediatric health outcomes and costs. Matern Child Nutr. 2017;13(1):e12366.
- WHO, UNICEF. Baby-friendly hospital iInitiative: revised, updated and expanded for integrated care. World Health Organization website; 2009. Accessed Jan. 24, 2020.
- U.S. Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division. Fact sheet #73: break time for nursing mothers under the FLSA. US Department of Labor website. Accessed Jan. 24, 2020.
- Kimbro RT. On-the-job moms: work and breastfeeding initiation and duration for a sample of low-income women. Matern Child Health J. 2006;10(1):19-26.
- Alvarez R, Serwint JR, Levine DM, et al. Lawyer mothers: infant-feeding intentions and behavior. South Med J. 2015;108(5):262-267.
- Brown A. A practical guide to pumping at national conferences. FemInEM website. Accessed Jan. 24, 2020.
- Arnold S. This is me pumping. Facebook website. Accessed Jan. 24, 2020.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Donor Milk Drive Toolkit. American Academy of Pediatrics websit. Accessed Jan. 24, 2020.
- National Board of Medical Examiners. Request for additional break time/standard testing time. U.S. Medical Licensing Examination website. Accessed Jan. 24, 2020.
- Whiteside T, Frasure SE, Ogle K, et al. Barriers to breastfeeding for emergency medicine physicians in the emergency department [published online ahead of print Oct. 14, 2019]. Am J Emerg Med. doi: 10.1016/j.ajem.2019.158494.