There is SO MUCH happening during ACEP Scientific Assembly that it can be hard to plan your schedule. Of course you want to maximize your learning opportunities, but it’s nice to save time for the festive stuff, too. Here are five fun things we want to put on your radar as you gear up for ACEP19.
- Have a boot-stomping good time at the ACEP19 Kickoff Party. We do not mess around when it comes to throwing parties! Join us at the spectacular National Western Complex for an evening of country music, line dancing, local food and more. Think you can master the mechanical bull? Prove it! And bring the kids, too – children are allowed throughout the entire venue, and we’ll have special activities and snacks to make sure they have as much fun as you do. Shuttles will be provided to and from the complex.
- Whatever your brew, we have one for you. The ACEP Brew Park presented by TeamHealth offers a jolt of caffeine to keep you energized. Stop by for a cup of hot coffee or a cold brew, and then stay to play the interactive games. It’s sure to be a great place to catch up with colleagues. Visit booth #1445 in the exhibit hall for your free drink ticket.
- Indulge in some on-theme theatrics. You know firsthand how dramatic the emergency department can be. But have you ever wondered what it would be like to take that drama to the stage?! Emergency physician Jeff Foy, MD, and his son Jacob have written the musical “Emergency” that follows Dr. Justin Marks, a newly graduated doctor who has one night to save his career. Catch the show at 5:30 p.m. Monday in Room 401 of the Colorado Convention Center.
- Foodies, rejoice. The Dine Around Program gives you the opportunity to dine with EM leaders at one of Denver’s top restaurants. Each of the restaurants is offering a customized menu for ACEP, and your $100 Dine Around ticket comes with a three-course meal and wine. Two of the Dine Around options are already sold out (801 Chophouse and Urban Farmer), but you can still snag a spot during the Monday night dinners at Table 6, Beatrice & Woodsley, and Tamayo Modern Mexican Kitchen. View the menus and purchase tickets on the ACEP19 website.
- Puppies: Need we say more? Our therapy dogs are back after a triumphant showing last year in San Diego! Lower your blood pressure by petting some pups in the Wellness Area of the exhibit hall. We’re disappointed to report that Bo, the popular therapy pig from ACEP18, will not be joining his furry friends in Denver. His rider request was outrageous, and he failed to follow our ACEP Meeting Conduct Policy.