- Walls RM, Murphy MF. Manual of Emergency Airway Management. 4th ed. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2012.
- Brown CA 3rd, Bair AE, Pallin DJ, et al. Techniques, success, and adverse events of emergency department adult intubations. Ann Emerg Med. 2015;65(4):363-370.e1.
- Heffner AC, Swords DS, Neale MN, et al. Incidence and factors associated with cardiac arrest complicating emergency airway management. Resuscitation. 2013;84(11):1500-1504.
- Reynolds SF, Heffner J. Airway management of the critically ill patient: rapid-sequence intubation. Chest. 2005;127(4):1397-1412.
- Mort TC. Emergency tracheal intubation: complications associated with repeated laryngoscopic attempts. Anesth Analg. 2004;99(2):607-613.
- Bodily JB, Webb HR, Weiss SJ, et al. Incidence and duration of continuously measured oxygen desaturation during emergency department intubation. Ann Emerg Med. 2016;67(3):389-395.
- Sakles JC, Chiu S, Mosier J, et al. The importance of first pass success when performing orotracheal intubation in the emergency department. Acad Emerg Med. 2013;20(1):71-78.
- Hasegawa K, Shigemitsu K, Hagiwara Y, et al. Association between repeated intubation attempts and adverse events in emergency departments: an analysis of a multicenter prospective observational study. Ann Emerg Med. 2012;60(6):749-754.e2.
- Hypes C, Sakles J, Joshi R, et al. Failure to achieve first attempt success at intubation using video laryngoscopy is associated with increased complications. Intern Emerg Med. 2017;12(8):1235-1243.
- Mosier JM, Joshi R, Hypes C, et al. The physiologically difficult airway. West J Emerg Med. 2015;16(7):1109-1117.
- Braude D. Difficult airways are “LEMONS”: updating the LEMON mnemonic to account for time and oxygen reserve. Ann Emerg Med. 2006;47(6):581.
- Davis DP, Olvera DJ. HEAVEN criteria: derivation of a new difficult airway prediction tool. Air Med J. 2017;36(4):195-197.
- Murphy E, Shelley B. Clinical presentation and management of right ventricular dysfunction. BJA Educ. 2019;19(6):183-190.
- Wilcox SR, Kabrhel C, Channick RN. Pulmonary hypertension and right ventricular failure in emergency medicine. Ann Emerg Med. 2015;66(6):619-628.
- Dalabih, M, Rischard, F, Mosier JM. What’s new: the management of acute right ventricular decompensation of chronic pulmonary hypertension. Intensive Care Med. 2014;40:1930-1933.
- West JR, Scoccimarro A, Kramer C, et al. The effect of the apneic period on the respiratory physiology of patients undergoing intubation in the ED. Am J Emerg Med. 2017;35(9):1320-1323.
- Caputo ND, Oliver M, West JR, et al. Use of end tidal oxygen monitoring to assess preoxygenation during rapid sequence intubation in the emergency department. Ann Emerg Med. 2019;74(3):410-415.
- Weingart SD, Trueger NS, Wong N, et al. Delayed sequence intubation: A prospective observational study. Ann Emerg Med. 2015;65(4):349-355.
- Mosier JM. Physiologically difficult airway in critically ill patients: winning the race between haemoglobin desaturation and tracheal intubation. Br J Anaesth. 2020;125(1):e1-e4.
CRASH, a Mnemonic for the Physiological Difficult Airway
By Rachel Munn, DO; Jarrod Mosier, MD, FCCM; Darren Braude, MD; Calvin A. Brown, III, MD; and Fred Ellinger, Jr., NRP | on July 21, 2020 | 1 Comment
April 23, 2021 - 0 Comment
February 19, 2021 - 2 Comments
February 1, 2021 - 0 Comment