Want to experience firsthand demos and informative sessions on brand-new and innovative devices, drugs, and technologies from 53 cutting-edge companies? Want in on demo challenges to learn the latest techniques in emergency medicine? innovatED is the place to be.
Explore This IssueACEP17 Preview: Vol 36 – No 09a – September 2017
An award-winning interactive educational space in the ACEP17 Exhibit Hall, innovatED combines products and services with innovation and problem-solving to elevate your engagement to a whole new level.
ACEP is dedicated to making innovatED bigger and better each year, with more educational and interactivity space while offering emergency physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and administrative directors a new way to explore the latest innovations in emergency medicine.
New to innovatED ACEP17
Palliative and Geriatric Care Area: Expanded for 2017
- Presenting innovative concepts and practices in palliative and geriatric care emergency medicine to apply in your practice.
- Sponsored by VITAS and the Geriatric Emergency Department Collaborative (GEDC).
Virtual Reality (VR) Area: Brand-New
- Engage in diverse VR training scenarios to increase patient care and safety in your emergency department.
- Sponsored by MedStar Simulation Training & Education Lab (SiTEL) and other leading VR vendors.
Mental Health Area: Brand-New
- Three patients (actors) and three emergency physicians will demonstrate how to safely stabilize mental health patients and make treatment plans.
- Hear case studies from physician experts from ACEP’s Coalition on Psychiatric Emergencies (CPE).
Idea Lounge: Brand-New
- Presentations and interactive discussions that will generate idea exchanges on hot topics such as physician wellness and resilience and best practices in mental health care in the emergency department.
- Sponsored by Steelcase Health.
incubatED and the New Pitch Event: Expanded and Brand-New
- ACEP’s first-ever Shark Tank–style pitch event, where you’ll hear dynamic presentations from the best start-up companies emerging in health care and emergency medicine today.
- Sneak peek of the expanded lineup of start-up or early-stage health care products.
- Sponsored by angelMD, ZOIC, TMC Innovation Institute, EMRA, and MedStar.
Innovation Spotlight: Brand-New
- Hear rapid-fire presentations from emergency medicine game changers.
mHealth Toolbox: Back by Popular Demand
- Hands-on workshop designed for health care providers interested in exploring health tech innovation.
- Preregistration required. Sponsored by mHealth Toolbox.
Not every company’s product or service gets into innovatED. The best of the best are reviewed and vetted by a committee of emergency physicians so you know you’ll see practical solutions for what you do. This space is where clinical experts and industry leaders connect, exchange ideas, and talk about the evolving health care landscape.