More than a year into this pandemic, it’s clear that the emergency medicine job market has been significantly affected. Not only that, but many emergency physicians are using this opportunity to make changes, whether it’s switching to a new job setting or branching out into telehealth. ACEP is committed to helping you navigate these twists and turns by growing our career resources to serve members with various needs. Keep reading for an overview of career-advancement content available to ACEP members.
Explore This IssueACEP Now: Vol 40 – No 04 – April 2021
New Career Center
ACEP has recently gathered our job-related resources into a one-stop shop to make it easier to find what you need, when you need it.
- The emCareers.org job board offers the largest bank of validated emergency physician openings. It allows sorting by specialty, location, employment type, experience, benefits, and more.
- Take a look at current job listings around the country in our new interactive map.
- Members of the ACEP Board of Directors have offered to provide free CV reviews.
- Career profiles allow you to learn more about different EM jobs, from rural to academic, to better understand what settings might suit you.
- The job-hunting resources take a deeper dive into the many considerations of the EM employment market.
- Salary Reports: View recent compensation reports to see the salary trends in your region.
- Employment Contract Considerations: Utilize the expanded contract tools to make sure your agreement suits your needs. Check out the new checklist that details key considerations for EM employment contracts.
- Liability Assistance: Want to better understand your liability risks? The legal tools, including the option for consultations, are there to help. You’ll also find a directory of available legal services.
- Check out upcoming events, including any career-related webinars and job fairs.
- Learn more about ACEP’s Wellness and Assistance Program, a multifaceted program primarily focused on physician wellness. We know employment, legal, and financial concerns can be primary sources of stress, so there is an option to add legal and financial support from Mines & Associates for only $15 per year. That $15 annual fee includes services related to legal concerns (both business and personal/family), financial matters, IRS, real estate and estate planning, immigration and naturalization, and civil/consumer issues.
Upcoming Job Fair
If you’re in the market for a new job, make plans to participate in a virtual job fair hosted by ACEP, EMRA, and emCareers.org, 5–8 p.m. ET on May 20, 2021. It’s free for all members.
Wondering what a virtual job fair looks like? It’s an online event connecting emergency medicine professionals with private practice employers, group practices, hospitals, health systems, and other recruiters around the country. Job seekers can browse employer profiles and general emergency medicine and subspecialty positions, then privately interact with employers via live chat or live video chat on a mobile device or desktop. Learn more about the upcoming job fair at www.acep.org/spring-job-fair.