Want to thumb through that new book you saw? Want a wellness checkup? Need a resume punch-up? A new headshot? At ACEP18, we’ve got you covered.
Explore This IssueACEP18 Preview: Vol 37 – No 09 – September 2018
Browse the ACEP Bookstore, where you can take advantage of special ACEP18 discounts and access to ACEP staff to answer questions.
Check in at the Membership Booth—one of ACEP’s member care representatives would be glad to answer questions.
Get a resume checkup and a new headshot at the Career Center. emCareers.org will also be on hand to help with your job searching needs. Get job seeking advice, connect with top employers, or make an appointment for a CV review.
Have questions about an ACEP program? Staff from GEDA, CEDR, E-QUAL, and CUAP will be there at their booths when you need them.
Want to take a break and focus on you? Then stop by the Wellness Center. This year, the ACEP18 Wellness Center will offer a multi-modal approach for our members to cultivate and maintain their personal and mental health. Check out the ACEP18 mobile app or the ACEP Wellness page for more details about these exciting events!
- 5-Minute Talks: Five-minute wellness lessons given by champions of emergency medicine.
- Silent Meditation Station: Tune in with a headset and listen to a variety of guided meditations or relaxing tunes.
- Come Tell Your Story: In just 90 seconds, describe how you integrate wellness in your own life. You just might be a star during Wellness Week, April 7–13, 2019!
- NEW! Walking Challenge: Make sure you pack your Fitbit, Garmin, Jawbone, Apple Watch, or smartphone to participate in this year’s Walking Challenge, supported by the FAAR Foundation for Alcohol Responsibility. Prizes go to the top steppers, get ready to move!
- Daily Yoga: Join us three times a day on the Convention Center deck for a variety of offerings.
- Therapy Dogs: Release calming endorphins and encourage joy and relaxation while petting these sweet pups.
- NEW! Special 60-minute Screening of Do No Harm Followed by Q&A Panel: Join us Tuesday evening for a viewing of this documentary, produced by two-time Emmy Award-winning filmmaker Robyn Symon.
- Wellness Guide Book: Check out Being Well in Emergency Medicine: ACEP’s Guide to Investing in Yourself, a free, downloadable book that covers how wellness is interconnected in your daily life.
- Wellness T-Shirts: Pick up an I EM Well t-shirt and express your well-self.
This year, we herald the return of the wellness checkups. Check your health and support this wellness activity by pre-registering for the ACEP18 Wellness Lab. All ACEP18 adult attendees and spouses are welcome (and encouraged) to take advantage of this health screening, Monday Oct. 1–Wednesday, Oct. 3, 6:30–9:30 a.m.