At its meeting in April, the ACEP Board of Directors was advised by ACEP Council Speaker James M. Cusick, MD, FACEP, of the slate of candidates created by the Council Nominating Committee for four available seats on the Board.
Explore This IssueACEP Now: Vol 36 – No 06 – June 2017
The Board of Directors provides day-to-day management and direction to ACEP and serves as its policy-making body. Board members are elected by the ACEP Council and serve three-year terms, with a limit of two consecutive terms. The President-elect also will be chosen by the Council and ultimately serve as ACEP President beginning in October 2018.
For the October 2017 election in Washington, D.C., there are two incumbents and five new candidates on the Board of Directors ballot:
- Stephen Anderson, MD, FACEP (incumbent, Washington)
- Kathleen Clem, MD, FACEP (AAWEP Section)
- J.T. Finnell, MD, FACEP (Indiana)
- Alison Haddock, MD, FACEP (Texas)
- Jon Mark Hirshon, MD, FACEP (incumbent, Maryland)
- Aisha Liferidge, MD, FACEP (Washington, D.C.)
- Virgil Smaltz, MD, FACEP (New York)
Additionally, Carrie de Moor, MD, FACEP (Freestanding Emergency Centers), has announced her intention to seek nomination from the Council floor for a Board of Directors seat.
For the President-elect position, four current Board members announced their candidacy:
- Vidor Friedman, MD, FACEP
- Hans House, MD, FACEP
- William Jaquis, MD, FACEP
- John Rogers, MD, FACEP
Council Vice Speaker John McManus, MD, FACEP (Government Services), is unopposed in his bid for the Council Speaker position. There are three nominees for the Council Vice Speaker position:
- Sabina Braithwaite, MD, FACEP (Missouri)
- Andrea Green, MD, FACEP (Texas)
- Gary Katz, MD, FACEP (Ohio)