At its meeting in April, the ACEP Board of Directors was advised by ACEP Council Speaker James M. Cusick, MD, FACEP, of the slate of candidates created by the Council Nominating Committee for four available seats on the Board.
Explore This IssueACEP Now: Vol 35 – No 05 – May 2016
The Board of Directors provides day-to-day management and direction to ACEP and serves as its policy-making body. Board members are elected by the ACEP Council and serve three-year terms, with a limit of two consecutive terms. The President-elect also will be chosen by the Council and ultimately serve as ACEP President beginning in October 2017.
For the October 2016 election in Las Vegas, there are two incumbents and five new candidates on the Board of Directors ballot:
• James Augustine, MD, FACEP (Ohio, incumbent)
• J.T. Finnell, MD, FACEP (Indiana)
• Kevin Klauer, DO, EJD, FACEP (Ohio)
• Debra Perina, MD, FACEP (Virginia, incumbent)
• Gillian Schmitz, MD, FACEP (Government Services Chapter)
• Matthew Watson, MD, FACEP (Georgia)
• James Williams, DO, FACEP (Texas)
For the President-elect position, four current Board members announced their candidacy:
• Hans House, MD, FACEP
• Paul Kivela, MD, FACEP
• Robert O’Connor, MD, FACEP
• John Rogers, MD, FACEP